Ontario’s Government for the People Investing in Urgent Hospital UpgradesPublished on January 23, 2019
Ontario’s Government for the People is prioritizing the health and safety of patients by taking immediate action and providing 128 hospitals across the province with funding to upgrade, repair and maintain their facilities.
The following hospitals in Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke is receiving funding this year through the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund:
- Arnprior Regional Health - $343,461
- Deep River and District Hospital - $544,722
- Pembroke Regional Hospital - $2,403,393
- Renfrew Victoria Hospital - $1,128,184
- St. Francis Memorial Hospital - $524,758
“The health and safety of patients and families is a priority for our government,” said John Yakabuski, MPP for Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke. “That’s why we must make the necessary investments in our hospitals now, to ensure our providers have the facilities they need to continue to provide excellent quality care to patients. This funding will help ensure hospitals across Ontario are able to make the needed upgrades, improvements and maintenance so patients and families have access to reliable, quality care they expect and deserve.”
The government is moving forward quickly to address challenges facing the health care system as it develops a long-term transformational health care strategy to end hallway health care. As this important work continues, this funding will allow hospitals to address urgent issues, including upgrades or replacements of roofs, windows, heating and air conditioning systems, fire alarms and back-up generators.
“Our government is investing in essential health care projects to ensure the people of Ontario will have health care services they can depend on now and for future generations,” said Deputy Premier and Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, Christine Elliott. “We will continue to listen to the patients and the people who plan and work on the frontlines. Together, we will create a health care system that works for the people of Ontario.”
- Ontario is investing $175 million in repairs and upgrades to 128 hospitals this year through the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund.
- In 2018-2019, the government has invested an additional $90 million for 1,100 beds and spaces in hospitals and the community, including the creation of over 640 new beds and spaces